We caught up with one of our favorite Young Hollywood actresses, Katherine McNamara, for a quick round of our POP Quiz 21 Questions. Katherine McNamara is an accomplished actress, singer, dancer, songwriter, and stars in the ABC Family Series Shadowhunters and in just released box-office hit The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Breakfast! I roll out of bed and shove an apple in my face.
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? I grew up with this saying on my wall – it is pertinent in all aspect’s of life. What is right is not always popular. What is popular is not always right.
3. Your biggest virtue? I am genuine. What you see is what you get. I’m honest to a fault and will tell you what I truly think or believe.
4. Your biggest vice? Mall pretzels. Anyone have any Wetzel’s Pretzels they would like to share?
5. Do you have a party trick? I can say the alphabet backwards very quickly.
6. How would you describe your style? Classic with an edge.
7. What would constitute a perfect day for you? What I do for a living! Creating art with passionate people.
8. Knowing what you know today, what advice would you give your younger self? Be patient. Work hard. Stick with it. Things always work out in the end how they are supposed to.
9. What would your very last meal entail? Huge basket of chips and salsa, Mexican beans and rice, cookie dough ice cream and carrot cake.
10. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Audrey Hepburn, Socrates, and Tom Stoppard.
11. If you were a song, which one would you be? I’d be Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake ballet. It’s one of my favorite pieces of music.
12. If a movie were made about you, who would play you? I have no idea … me?
13. Turn ons? Beautiful eyes, sense of humor, intelligence, being able to laugh at yourself.
14. Turn offs? Dishonesty.
15. Your spirit animal? Bluebird.
16. Your favorite flower? Peonies and freesia.
17. Tell us a secret. I can’t keep my closet clean to save my life.
18. Your favorite quote? “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. What is your current state of mind? Grateful bliss.
20. An embarrassing moment? Do I have to pick just one? Let me put it this way, I may be a dancer, but without choreography, I can be a huge klutz… There may or may not be a few outtakes of me tripping while running through the SCORCH…
21. Your proudest moment? I feel as though I haven’t lived enough yet to have a proudest moment… Let’s just say it is yet to come.