Meet our latest ”Boy Crush”, 23-year-old Roman Kemp. Roman has become one of the hottest properties in the entertainment industry. Following his weekend Capital show success on Sundays (9am-12pm), Roman has taken the role of hosting the Capital Evening Show (7-10pm), with over 7MM listeners, interviewing some of the biggest names in the music industry, such as Justin Bieber, Calvin Harris, Zayn Malik and many more.
Get the 411 on Roman in our “POP Quiz” below and find out why we are obsessed.
1. What gets you up in the morning? My alarm, I love sleep way too much that my middle name may as well be Roman ’15 minutes late’ Kemp. I’m working on it.
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? To keep doing the things you love and know that there is no such thing as luck; luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
3. Your biggest virtue? Patience – it takes a long time and a lot of hard work to make things happen in this industry.
4. Your biggest vice? Napping too much.
5. How would you describe your style? 90’s Oversized.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Sleep. Eat. Watching Football. Eat. Sleep.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Nandos.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Arsene Wenger. Spike Jonze. Tupac Shakur.
9. If you were a song, which one would you be? Sisqo – Thong Song
10. If a song were made about you, what would it be? Probably be a Drake song, he’s got that way of making every single person relate to his music even if that experience has never even happened to us.
11. Turn ons? Confidence
12. Turn offs? Too much confidence
13. Tell us a secret. Nope.
14. Your favorite quote? “Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that’s a straw, you see? Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I… drink… your… milkshake!”
15. What is your current state of mind? Its a general flow of wondering where i can fit in a nap.
16. An embarrassing moment? Once came up in a huge nervous rash when I interviewed Rita Ora. Sad times.
17. Your proudest moment? My first radio show: Roman presents on Capital FM Mon – Thurs 7pm and Sundays 9am – 12pm.