Meet actress, dancer, and POPULAR Girl, Sophie Reynolds. Sophie is best know for her role as Ashley Parker in the Disney XD adventure/comedy “Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything”. When Reynolds is not acting you can most definitely find her pursuing her other passion of dance; specifically ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip hop and tap.
We got a chance to meet up with Sophie between filming breaks on Season 2 of “Gamers Guide…” and chatted about pretty much everything. Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? My mom since I always sleep through my alarm hahahahha.
2. Your biggest virtue? My determination to succeed is probably my biggest virtue. I am definitely NOT one to quit when it gets hard.
3. Your biggest vice? Carbs! Carbs are hands down my biggest vice. I could only eat bread, pasta, sweets and all that good stuff for the rest of my life and be happy.
4. Do you have a party trick? I don’t know if it’s exactly a party trick, but when in doubt I always whip out the dance moves! I’ve been a dancer my whole life so that’s my go-to party move.
5. How would you describe your style? My style is constantly changing and evolving with me, so it’s hard to pin it down in just a few words. My style is truly whatever I’m feeling on any given day and it is really something I love to experiment with. I guess you could say my style goal is to portray confidence because I want to feel confident in every outfit I wear.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? I know a lot of people wouldn’t say this, but actually going to work is part of my perfect day. I love my job, so getting to go to work as an actor makes me extremely happy. I would say my perfect day includes sleeping in a little, going to work, getting some yoga in, going out with friends for dinner, and then watching a movie to unwind.
7. What would your very last meal entail? My very last meal would definitely have some amazing bread, pasta, and good salad, and then brownies and ice cream for dessert.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Maybe not the same dinner, but my choices would be Meryl Streep, Walt Disney, and my Grandma who passed away a few years ago. The first two I admire so much and I know I could learn so much from them, so I’d love to just pick their brains for an hour or two. My Grandma I just really miss! She was so fun to be around and was a huge supporter of me and my career, but she passed away a few months before I booked Gamer’s Guide, so I’d love to be able to see her again and tell her how much all of her love and support really meant to me.
9. Turn ons? Confidence is the biggest turn on for me! There’s nothing like someone who is confident in their own skin.
10. Turn offs? Guys who are rude to their parents. I know that’s kind of a strange one but I really value my relationship with my parents so when I see other teenagers being really rude to their parents for no reason, it’s a major turn off for me.
11. Tell us a secret. Well I don’t really know if it’s a secret but not a lot of people know that I am really afraid of natural disasters. Hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, all of those different natural disasters terrify me. I’ve been afraid of them since I was little. I think I’ve always hated how uncontrollable they are. You can be as prepared as possible, but that still won’t prevent the mass destruction.
12. Your favorite quote? “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” –anonymous
13. An embarrassing moment? One of my most embarrassing moments was when I fell on stage during a dance! It was many years ago and I was competing in a dance competition really early in the morning. I was doing a ballet number and the stage was super slick. Pretty early on in the dance I slipped and totally face-planted! It was mortifying, but I got back up and finished the dance like it never happened. The show must go on!
14. Your proudest moment? The premiere of Gamer’s Guide was probably my proudest moment. It’s hard to put into words what it is like to finally see something you’ve dreamt about and worked so hard for, come to life. It was a very cool moment.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything has been my main focus right now, and Season 2 is now airing on Disney XD. So if you haven’t seen it, catch up because this season is really good. Our characters evolve a lot in season 2 and we really get to explore parts of our relationships that we didn’t see in Season 1.
Mostly Ghostly: One Night in Doom House is a movie I did recently that just came out in September! It’s good for the Halloween season since there are ghosts and other spooky things in it, but it isn’t too scary so it’s good for the whole family! The project was my first movie so it was a really cool experience and I hope everyone enjoys it. You can catch it on Netflix, DVD, and On Demand.