We got to chat music, love and style with LA based musician, actor and model Steffan Argus. With his debut EP Lost at Sea out now, he just played his first show with his new band in LA to a sold out show at The Mint. Originally from Chicago, Steffan can currently be seen as the male lead in Awesomeness TV’s award winning show The Commute in which he stars opposite Claudia Sulewski and the Fall will be seen on FOX’s new Marvel show The Gifted. Check it out!
1. What gets you up in the morning? Usually the sound of a garbage truck. My neighborhood is pretty noisy. Other than that, just an overwhelming excitement to live life fully, freely and happily!
2. Your biggest virtue? Love. I want to be able to spread as much of it as possible. It generally makes people happy to receive love, and boy would I like to be surrounded by smiling faces.
3. Your biggest vice? Selfishness. I feel I have come a long way since acknowledging this vice, in terms of getting better. I think that just comes with maturity, experience and perspective. That being said I still have so much to learn, and I will until the day that I die, and perhaps even after.
4. Do you have a party trick? I can do this thing I like to call the “alien stomach”. I can suck in and squeeze out my abdomen making my lower torso look slighty alienesque. Although it usually backfires and scares people off. Still working on getting a better party trick.
5. How would you describe your style? Vintage 80’s Lost Boy Pirate Sailor Hippie Chic.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A day , with all the ones I love, filled with adventures and games in the nature. There would need to be lots of music and dancing involved as well.
7. What would your very last meal entail? I suppose my last meal would be dust.
8. Three people – dead or alive, real or fictional, that you would like to invite to dinner? Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Like, are you kidding me? The MASTER of all FOUR elements. If theres any chance Im gonna learn how to air bend he is it. Also I would invite my two sisters Sadie and Lacey because they would need to be a part of that moment with me. We would watch that show nonstop together, growing up.
9. Turn ons? Little thoughtful moments being appreciated. Also being shown that I’m cared about really does it for me.
10. Turn offs? When peoples intentions are self serving and inconsiderate. You may find pleasure elsewhere, thank you.
11. Tell us a secret. I had a dream that Im going to take over the universe but in a really nice sweet peaceful way. Depending on how much stock you put into dreams I think this is pretty important to know. Stay tuned.
12. Your favorite quote? My favorite right now is from a book called “Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah” by Richard Bach. It is as follows:
” The mark of you ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.”
13. An embarrassing moment? Earlier when I admitted out of all the options in the universe, I would choose to have dinner with a children’s cartoon character. (But to be frank I stand by that decision with pride. Its only objectively embarrassing to some I assume.)
14. Your proudest moment? The day I released my EP “Lost at Sea” and performed it to a crowd of singing dancing humans. It made me unbelievably happy.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Im now working on my first album after having released my first EP. I am also rehearsing with my band putting together a show that I plan to perform in as many places as possible. Its going to be quite the adventure.