Australian trio ‘Chase Atlantic’ recently released their 4-track EP, “Part Three” loaded with the perfect end-of-summer jams.
Chase Atlantic is made up of brothers Mitchel and Clinton Cave and their longtime friend, Christian Anthony – personally write, produce, and perform their own urban-influenced brand of alternative pop punctuated by hip-hop, rock and R&B to to create a distinctive sound like no other.
One of our favorite tracks on Part Three is “No Friends” featuring American rappers iLoveMakonnen and K Camp. “No Friends” has a catchy beat that can’t be strictly boxed into one genre. If you haven’t heard it yet, now is the time for you to check it out!
We caught up with the guys to chat about their new EP and all things music + style. Check it out.
1. What was your inspiration for the lastest record, Part Three? We’ve been out in Los Angeles experiencing a whole lot of different things. We wanted to take these real life experiences and put them into solid pieces of art that people could relate to.
2. How did the collaboration with “ILOVEMAKONNEN” and “K Camp” come about? We met K Camp a few months ago at our first LA showcase. He vibed with the music and hit us up about a collaboration so we were all for it. ILOVEMAKONNEN found out about us and dropped a verse literally two days before we had to deliver the song so we were ecstatic. We had spent a lot of time listening to his music back when we were still finding our sound.
3. What inspires you to write, produce and perform your own songs? The main thing for us is the satisfaction of being able to control every single little detail within the music. It becomes completely untouched and sticks to its truest form. And we get to set the standards for our own sound.
4. If you could work with any artist – who would it be? The list is quite big, but just to name a few:
Travis Scott, The Weeknd and Tame Impala
5. What helps you with your writing process? We like to draw from real life situations. It creates a sense of genuine emotion. Besides that we just get a good vibe going and keep our heads down.
6. What city was your favorite that you performed in? We’ve only performed in Los Angeles so far, but the shows have always been amazing! The crowds are just unreal.
7. You all have great personal style – Who are some of your favourite designers? Ooo, just to name a few: Tommy Hilfiger, Rick Owens and Raf Simons.
8. Favourite pieces of clothing? As a band we are all about good looking outfits. You can’t just have one good piece, you have to correlate it all into one look.
9. What is your favourite song on your EP? It kind of comes in waves. We’ll love one for a few weeks and then it’ll change. For the meantime, though I think we’d have to say either ’23’ or ‘Drugs & Money’.
10. Where will the band be in 5 years? Hopefully posted somewhere beautiful in the world with a decent amount of money and no stresses. Still making the music that we (and you) love. Still pushing the boundaries of the music industry.